Going to a foreign speaking country can be a wonderful experience, but it can quickly turn into a nightmare if you are unable to speak the language. Here are 10 phrases you should learn when traveling abroad to a foreign speaking country.
- Do you speak English?
- My name is ________
- Where can I find a bus/taxi?
- Where can I find a train/metro?
- Can you take me to the airport please?
- How much does this cost?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- Where is the closest bathroom?
- Best places to get something to eat?
- Hello – Goodbye – Thank You
We added this one as a bonus but the phrase “cheers.” Nothing brings people together quite like raising a glass and downing a cold one.