Most of us loathe the trip to the airport. If you are traveling soon, or know someone who might be taking a trip, share this list with them to help them move through any airport more quickly and with their sanity intact.
Get Official – Skip the Line
With all the new regulations in place since 2001, it takes a lot more time to check in than it used to! However, you do have the option in some cases of using the PreCheck set up by the TSA. You can sign up for the Trusted Traveler Program. It’s the best choice especially if you travel a lot and it’s totally worth the time it takes to apply. If you are a member, you will be “pre-screened”, which means you will be able to move through security quickly. If you are traveling internationally look at the Global Entry program offered by U.S. Customs.
Get Through the Line Like a Pro
Here are a couple of suggestions in case you’re more of a casual traveler and don’t want to join any government programs:
- Wear slip-on shoes – these will be easily taken off and on when you are going through check points
- Put any small bottles of sundries into a zip-lock bag
- Invest in a TSA-friendly bag to place your laptop inside
- Place any ID you may need in a spot where it’s easy to access
- Only bring the essentials! Anything that is not essential for your trip should be stowed away to a location where it won’t get in the way.
Why Sit Around?
- Check the status of your flight before you leave home. If it’s delayed you can wait to leave home for a bit longer
- Airlines offer the chance for you to check in online. Pre-printing your boarding passes keeps you from having to wait in that endless check-in line