7 Considerations For Airbnb Rentals
Posted On 25 Mar 2015
Tag: airbnb, destination, housing, lodging, travel
Airbnb Is A Great Service But Consider The Following Before Booking
When traveling abroad, there are plenty of ups and downs when it comes to renting a place to stay. Websites like Airbnb has helped revitalize the industry by offering even more options. However, there are plenty of complications that can still arise. Avoid getting shafted on your trip by remembering this key information before booking your rental using Airbnb.
- Communicate with the Host Prior to Booking. You will be staying on someone else’s property. Get to know them before you commit. The way they respond can indicate if there are nay issues. For instance, are your questions answered in a timely fashion?
- Look at the Photos Closely. Remember photos are taken from specific different viewpoints. Each aspect of the property can help determine some of the non-verbal clues. Look for cleanliness, appliances you can use, how clean the shot is.
- Check for Reviews. One of the best ways to find out if a location is up to par is by the reviews. Granted there are ways to fake them, but there are ways around that. If the listing shows previous renters, contact them.
- Look at More than Just the Property. Remember to check for information about the neighborhood. Is the crime level high? Is the location close to where you are traveling to? Think about more than just how the décor looks, what price it is, and if it will be comfortable.
- Know the Entire Process. From start to finish, you need to understand how everything works. Learn about what rules you will have while staying there, who it is for, etc.
- Be Realistic. Renting through sites like Airbnb is different than staying at a hotel. Hotels have laws and regulations to make sure things like cleanliness, air quality, and other standards are met.
- Consider the Price Tag. Rentals vary in price. If a rental sounds too good to be true, it more than likely is. Use your common sense to guide you. If an area has three rentals available and two go for $150 per night and the third is only $75 per night. Think about why there is such a drop in price.